Monthly ArchiveMay 2012
In 2009, there were 27.5 million businesses in the United States, according to Office of Advocacy estimates (per a report published in January 2011). What does that mean for you?
A) That number has only increased since 2009.
B) EVERY single one of those businesses needs some type of administrative support to function and be profitable.
C) There is more opportunity for you to be successful than ever before.
Since you have expressed an interest in becoming a Successful Virtual Assistant, I want to share with you all the tips, short cuts and resources that were not available to me when I first got started. I had to figure out on my own most of the things that I learned. I hope that you will utilize the tools that I give you so as to make your journey a LOT less stressful than mine turned out.
Fortunately, I kept track of every step I took, every mistake I made and everything that worked along the way. I didn’t have a real reason for doing so at the time, but I’m SO glad I did because now I can share them with you. When I look back I see that there are 5 critical keys you need to start and build a successful Virtual Assistance company:
1. Mindset: You may not realize it now, but to be successful as an entrepreneur, you have to THINK like an entrepreneur. As employees, we are conditioned to do what others tell us. Someone else typically decides our schedule, how much we get paid, who we work with and what projects we work on. When you become self-employed, YOU call all the shots. This is probably one of the things that is most attractive to you about the opportunity to be a Virtual Assistant. However, you must understand that you will have to go through some growing pains to make-over your mindset. You cannot operate your business they way you function as an employee. It simply won’t work. If you avoid working through this transition it could be the ONE thing that can make or break your business.
2. Infrastructure: What makes up the infrastructure of your company? Â Here are a few things to consider: 1) Insurances â€“ health, life, disability, dental etc. 2) Technology â€“ computers, phones, an online presence etc.Â 3) Operations â€“ you must have operational systems in place such as accounting, tax filing, setting up new customers, processes for working with customers, etc. 4) Structure â€“ will you set up an LLC or a Sole Proprietorship?Â 5) Finances â€“ it takes money to make money. Considering these important matters and making well-informed decisions about which situations will work best for you, will enable you to start and manage a successful company.
3. Marketing: Marketing your services and getting clients boils down to one thing, â€˜Offering solutions to people who are already looking for them.â€™ You don’t have to “hawk your wares”, you don’t have to convince people to hire you and you don’t have to take any opportunity that comes along. Marketing at it’s best is simple, focused and consistent. Those who do not market their company tend to find themselves out of business very soon. The best thing that you can do for your business is to know how to generate leads and enroll new clients. You do not want to wait to figure this out. You can develop a marketing plan even before you have made your first dollar, taking advantage of the resources, relationships and opportunities already within your reach.
4. Transition: Having a PLAN around your transition from Executive Assistant to Virtual Assistant will help you to make the leap from employee to entrepreneur smoothly. Please do not quit your job and then â€˜hope for the bestâ€™. That is NOT a plan that leads to success. You want to make sure that you have not only your infrastructure in tact, but also a step by step plan that has dates attached to keep you focused. This plan gives you time and space to make the transition. In your mind you may think you can “wave a wand” and make the changes you need to make overnight. But that is an unrealistic view. Mapping out a realistic plan will help you to make steady progress, avoid unnecessary stress and minimize wasted time and wasted money.
5. Building Your Business: When you work for someone else, that company does all of the heavy lifting for you as an employee. The company is responsible for building the business so that you will have a place to work each day. Now, YOU are responsible for whether you win or lose. Success or failure is 100% in YOUR hands! You, therefore, have to perform all of the needed tasks to REMAIN in business. This includes constantly upgrading your skill set, setting up systems, marketing consistently and more.
If you would like help with each of these 5 Keys, I invite you to join me for a FREE training call on Thursday, May 31st, entitled â€œHow to Use the Skills You Already Have to Add An Additional $500 – $5,000 to Your Monthly Income…Working From Homeâ€. Click HERE to get the dial-in details!
You have been searching for some time havenâ€™t you? There are many questions about the Virtual Assistance industry that you have been trying to answer. Can I really make a living from being Virtual Assistant? Will I be able to pay my bills? How will I find clients? What tools do I need in order to work from home?
Since 2008, we have been answering these questions for our EAtoVA.com community. Iâ€™m here to assure you that If I can do it, you can do it too! (Become a member of the EAtoVA family and see how I conquered the journey of going from Executive Assistant to Virtual Assistant. Simply enter your name and email address in the boxes at the top of this page to get INSTANT access to my FREE special report “The Liberated Executive Assistant – How to Break Free From The Corporate Grind and Become Your Own Boss!“)
I know it is your goal to become a successful Virtual Assistant. That is how you found our website and introduced yourself to us. I really want to serve you first by inspiring you to set and accomplish this goal. Additionally, over the next several weeks, I am going to personally walk you through the process creating and succeeding in your very own business.
Just to keep you in the loop of what is happening here at EAtoVA.com, I want to know that I am creating a new club for people like you who want to have full support in your journey of starting your own business. Within the next couple of weeks, you will be the first to receive this exclusive information. Here is what I need you to do in order to get that information.
Click here to sign up for notification about my new club. The word will not go out to everyone. That is why I need you to raise your hand and say, â€œYes Sydni, I want more info about the clubâ€. Take a moment to sign up and you’ll be among the first to know when I unveil this new training center. And be sure to tell your friends, family members and colleagues about this exciting opportunity!
Uncategorized Sydni Craig-Hart on 18 May 2012
For five months, the EAtoVA.com email newsletter has been in hibernation. The hiatus was a good thing, because we have learned more about the community of Administrative Professionals who want to learn more about how to become Virtual Assistants.
Because many individuals have lost their source of employment, many are looking to create their own income by starting a business. Others are looking to supplement their income. So, we have found that many of the questions are being asked by newcomers who are learning about the VA industry for the first time. And of course there are the many established VAs who are interested in expanding their business and increasing their profits.
Our primary goal is to continually provide the resources you need to be successful and support the VA community worldwide. So by participating in our community:
I. You will learn how to start a Virtual Assistance business
It is an easy task to tell a person what they need to do. For instance, a person loses their income or employment, you easily tell them to “start your own business.” The first question may be, “How?”
At EAtoVA.com, we will teach you HOW to start your own Virtual Assistance practice and become your own boss. Is it an easy thing to do? Of course not! Yet, it isn’t that easy to commute 1.5 hours one way every single day of the week. Commuting is not the main reason why you seek to start your own company. Likely, it is the desire to have time and financial freedom. That means having the option to use your time in the way that you see fit. We will show you how to do that.
II. You will learn how to model our success
When I started my Virtual Assistance company, I had no idea that I would go on to create 2 additional business. Not only that, I’ve helped countless clients to start and grow their own companies. While that is exciting and wonderful, my goal is to show you exactly how I did it. If I can do it, so can YOU. There were no special gifts or talents that I possessed. Persistence and hard work were the keys to my success. I encourage you to model what I did.
The email newsletter will provide you with many tools that will help you to learn what to do and how to do it. I will show you exactly what I have done. I hope that you will replicate my steps and benefit yourself. When I first got started, I didn’t think that I would build a community of close to 10,000 people. I truly enjoy connecting with those who have taken the leap to (or desire to) start their own business. We are a special breed! So whatever I can do to assist you in being successful, I am at your disposal.
III. You will learn best practices on how to grow your company
I promise not to leave you in the lurch. Like I said earlier, you can tell a person what to do, but it is much more powerful to show them how. What is more, I will stick with you after you have created your business and help you to cultivate it, make it grow. After all, what good is having your own business if it is not progressive and sustainable?
There are so many things that I want to share with you, from having a healthy mindset to using technology to marketing to the right prospective clients. We are going to have some exciting times together and I truly hope that you will look forward to joining us on this journey.
Suffice it to say that I am very happy that EAtoVA Insights has awakened from hibernation. You will have plenty of opportunity to learn how to start your own company, model the success of those who have already built VA companies and learn best practices for building your business for years to come.
Do me a favor and leave a comment to let me know what specific questions you have that you’d like me to answer for you. I’ll be happy to do so in future issues!
I have a surprise for you that has me grinning from ear to earâ€¦
If youâ€™ve ever felt invisible in business, been deflated by lackluster marketing resultsÂ or struggle to spark a 2-way conversation with your target marketâ€¦
â€“ take a look-see at this:
My biz girlfriend Gina Bell invited me to write an article for the newest issue of Rebelations Magazine!
The â€œVisibility Boomâ€ issue is devoted to helping you get noticed, get clients and get your business growing!
Inside this top-notch resource for innovators, trendsetters and entrepreneurial go-getters youâ€™ll enjoy 17 other rebelicious articles AND a special feature that will have you creating your own Visibility Boom in no time!
Imagine hearing your ideal clients sayâ€¦â€œI see you everywhere!â€ and â€œI want to work with you!â€
Iâ€™m biased for sure but Iâ€™m certain â€“ this is a must-have resource for any aspiring woman in business!
And what I know about Gina Bell is sheâ€™s a â€œdonâ€™t just do it REALLY do itâ€ kind of gal so fasten your seat belts and hold on tight â€“ youâ€™re going to looooove this magazine!
And the best part â€“ itâ€™s totally FREE!
Be among the first to join the Rebelution and jump inside the newest issue of the digital magazine at:
You know I only share top-notch stuff, right? This is one of the most valuable resourcesÂ Iâ€™ve seen recently so donâ€™t miss out! Get your copy and post a comment below to let me know what you think!